What is an advertising slogan?
An advertising slogan is a short phrase that seeks to represent a brand to promote the rapid identification and memorization of its products and services by consumers.
Due to its etymological origin, it comes from the term “sluagh-ghairm”, in Gaelic. “Sluagh” refers to “army”, while “ghairm” means “scream”. In this way, the union of these words gives rise to the expression referring to “war cry”.
We can think of it as the label of clothing, which is there to become an instant association with it, and may even become a popular reference.
Also called an impact phrase, it is an incredible opportunity to demonstrate your positioning and show that your brand stands out from the competition.
We can even list the functions that a slogan can have:
- Demonstrate the value offer of your product or service, reveal what your brand makes different from the competition, and make it clear why you choose it.
- Be part of the brands remembered by consumers and enhance customer loyalty.
- Increase the impact of your outreach actions and improve the effect of them with a well-built identity.
In this way, the slogan will be one more method to strengthen the personality of your brand, improve its perception with the public and, thus, attract and retain more customers!
In addition, they are not only used to advertise a product or service.
In political campaigns or religious invitations, they are also widely used. You must remember the phrase: “Yes, we can” by former President Barack Obama during his electoral campaign.
100+ examples of creative and catchy slogans you can get inspired by
Since we already talked about what is a slogan, I think you must be curious to see some.
That’s why we separate some of the best advertising slogans in their respective sectors, but it is worth saying that you can take notes to inspire you with all of them, ok?
Following are some of the best food advertising slogans:
- Beverages for people who want more.
- Furniture – first class!
- Remedies give that warm feeling.
- Clothes fill you up inside.
- Food – spice up your life.
- Food brings out the best.
- The Lighter Way To Enjoy Burger.
- Poppin’ Fresh Burger.
- Furniture, not that other crap.
- Snap! Crackle! Beverages
- Food, I want it all.
- Beverages? Yes, please.
- Go Crack a Beverage.
- Furniture is just what you needed.
- Get Clothes before your friend does.
- One Food is better.
- All you need is Furniture.
- Gee, Your Food Smells Terrific.
- Let’s Furniture!
- Remedies the cream of the crop.
Following are some of the best catchy remedies advertising slogans:
- Beverages Unscripted.
- The gods made Beverages.
- Every Burger has a story.
- Race for the Food.
- It’s What’s For Dinner.
- Beverages keep going, and going, and going…
- Beverages forever.
- You Deserve A Furniture Today.
- Burger makes it really good.
- Furniture – once you have it, you love it.
- A Remedies A Day Helps You Work, Rest, and Play.
- Don’t Get Mad, Get Furniture.
- Furniture new and improved.
- Tense, Nervous, Burger?
- Furniture for people who want more.
- Two Hours of Burger in Just Two Calories.
- There is no life without Beverages.
- Beverages, the problem solver.
- Food always and forever.
- Exceedingly Good Beverages.
Following are some of the best catchy beverages advertising slogans:
- Why Can’t Everything Orange Be Remedies?
- Reach Out and Touch Furniture.
- Don’t Say, Brown, Say ‘Clothes’.
- Nothing Acts Faster Than Food.
- You Can’t Get Quicker Than a Beverages Fitter.
- Ooh la la, Remedies.
- Burger, any time of day.
- Be young, have fun, taste Burger.
- Semper Food.
- The Lighter Way To Enjoy Furniture!
- Breakthrough with Clothes.
- Clothes, the original.
- Choosy Mothers Choose Clothes.
- Great Food. Great Times.
- To Our Members,
- We Bring The Good Burger To Life.
- Review the facts Burger is the best.
- Make Fun of Food.
- For The Furniture You Don’t Yet Know.
- The Curiously Strong Burger.
Following are some of the best catchy cigars advertising slogans:
- Life Should Taste As Good As Burger.
- Remedies beams with quality.
- Just for the Taste of Food.
- If You Can’t Beat Beverages, Join Beverages.
- A Different Kind Of Company. A Different Kind Of Furniture.
- And on the eighth day, god created Remedies.
- Take-Two Bottles into the Beverages?
- Food, fun for the whole family.
- When You’ve Got Clothes, Flaunt It.
- Passion for Food.
- Clothes, do you need anything else?
- No Food, No Comment.
- Pardon Me, Do You Have Any Grey Furniture?
- Clothes innovate your world.
- Easy, Breezy, Beautiful Food.
Following are some of the best catchy burger advertising slogans:
- Don’t get in the way of Clothes.
- Don’t Hold Beverages Back.
- The Food look.
- Beverages the top of the heap.
- It’s Everywhere You Wanna Be.
- Leggo my Remedies!
- The Incredible, Edible Burger.
- Food puts the rest to shame.
- Change Your Whole Furniture.
- Breakthrough with Food.
- Remedies – when you just feel like it.
- The Cookie That Thinks It’s a Food.
- Clothes first at the finish line!
Following are some of the best furniture advertising slogans:
- Let’s Face The Music and Beverages.
- Semper Burger.
- Food is What We Do.
- I’m Lovin’ Food.
- Can’t Do It In Real Life? Do It On Food.
- Sizzling the Same
- The way you love it
- Fresh taste at Best Price
- Choose best, Choose tasty
- Think Food, Think us
Following are some of the best catchy clothing advertising slogans:
- Eat all you can
- Chicken for your tastebuds
- Never too much fries
- A chicken nugget is what you need
- Food for good mood
- Savor the taste
- It is cheat day, do not shy away
- Driveaway your hunger pangs
- Satisfy your cravings
- Eat fried and fresh
- Food that Awaits you
- Food with passion
- Taste the best of Town
- Instant Food, for Instant Hunger
- Choose the Quality of Food
- Food with Mood
- The house of Trendy Food
- What’s your eating Mood today?
- Mood twisting Taste
- Hot Recipes for hot peoples
- Eat it your way
- So fast So yummy
- Food made from the heart
1. Give the slogan rhythm, rhyme, and sound
A slogan made up of more than one word must meet at least two of the following three criteria: it must have rhythm, rhyme, and sound.
Advertising slogans should always be pleasing to the ear. Rhythmic and fluent sound slogans are much more recognizable and memorable than those without these characteristics.
In addition, its effectiveness improves if music is added to the slogan. Several studies show that the words featured in a song are remembered significantly better than the words without any musical dressing.
2. The slogan must underline a key benefit of the brand.
The objective of a slogan must be to differentiate a brand from its competitors, highlighting what makes it unique.
If the brand or advertised product offers any advantage over its direct competitors, that advantage must be in some way present in the slogan.
Advertising slogans are the first impression for many potential consumers, so it is essential that they reflect the brand’s values.
3. Explain the brand’s commitment to the consumer
Sometimes, brands do not offer truly “unique” products. However, their slogans must underline their difference from the competition.
And a good way to differentiate yourself from direct competitors is to explain the company’s special dedication to its customers.
The slogans that focus on the company’s customer service, especially those that guarantee quality and satisfaction to the consumer, work especially well with the general public.
4. Bet on honesty
When writing a slogan, it is extremely easy to get carried away by the enthusiasm and lose sight of “reality”. Exaggerations are totally prohibited in advertising slogans.
Using expressions like “number one in …” or “best in …” are not only fallacious but also extremely generic. Instead of betting on hyperbole, you have to sell the benefits of the brand in a realistic way.
5. The good if brief, twice good
The slogans should never occupy more than one sentence. A good advertising slogan should contain between 6 and 8 words.
If it is longer, it will be easily forgettable, unless it is accompanied by rhyme and music. The brevity of a slogan makes it easy for you to remember it, which is the ultimate goal of any advertising slogan.